Saturday, November 12, 1983
In a flashback, Eleven awakens to find herself in the Upside Down, just after disintegrating the Demogorgon. Exhausted and frightened at first, she desperately searches for Mike. Upon searching, she discovers a portal the Demogorgon had created. By using her powers to enlarge it, she escapes through it. She makes her way to Mike's house where she sees him being talked to by government personnel telling him that her stories were not true. Mike doesn't believe that but as he turns away, he catches a glimpse of Eleven through the window, making the agents suspect she's there. Realizing that she is in danger, Eleven runs off into the forest to hide.
Wednesday, October 31, 1984
In the present, Hopper makes breakfast for him and Eleven as she walks in, dressed as a ghost, and asks if she can go trick-or-treating for Halloween. She believes that she will not be noticed with the sheet over her, but Hopper refuses because it is too dangerous. Although disappointed, Eleven agrees to his offer of having a night in together with candy and scary movies, terming it "halfway happy".
Hopper then goes out to work, where he learns that more pumpkin farmers in Hawkins have found their crops rotting mysteriously, impelling him to inspect the affected regions.
At the cabin, Eleven is watching TV when she hears a noise coming from outside. Going over to the window to investigate, she sees a squirrel, causing her to remember an occasion where she was approached by a hunter as she was cooking a squirrel she had killed. After rendering the hunter unconscious, she stole his coat and hat for warmth.
Dustin and Lucas invite Max to go trick-or-treating with them, Mike and Will. She doesn't initially accept. When school ends, Max goes home with her stepbrother Billy who attempts to run over Mike, Lucas and Dustin. Max grabs the steering wheel so they miss the boys.
Nancy and Steve attend a Halloween party where Nancy gets drunk and tells Steve that she does not love him which causes him to leave. Jonathan takes her back home. The boys go trick-or-treating dressed as the Ghostbusters, and Max ends up joining them. Mike, who was unaware of Dustin and Lucas' invitation, is disgusted as he thinks she is ruining the best night of the year. Falling behind, Will has another episode experiencing himself back in the Upside Down as a shadowy monster in the sky attempts to catch him. Mike takes Will back to the Wheelers' basement, where Will explains that he felt he was trapped in between the real life and the Upside Down. He also requests Mike not to inform anyone about it. Mike tells that Eleven would have understood it as she always did.
Back at the cabin, Hopper returns to Eleven and attempts to convince her to open the door, apologizing her for being late again. Instead, Eleven tries to contact Mike through the Void and watches him at the pillow fort. Mike reveals that it has been 353 days since she disappeared and he misses her. He has also been attempting to contact her daily ever since. But as Eleven reaches out to contact him, Mike, unaware that she was actually there, leaves. Unable to communicate with him, Eleven weeps in tears.
Dustin returns home when he hears a noise in the garbage bin, he opens it to find something inside.
- Joyce Byers - Winona Ryder
- Jim Hopper - David Harbour
- Mike Wheeler - Finn Wolfhard
- Eleven - Millie Bobby Brown
- Dustin Henderson - Gaten Matarazzo
- Lucas Sinclair - Caleb McLaughlin
- Will Byers - Noah Schnapp
- Max Mayfield - Sadie Sink
- Nancy Wheeler - Natalia Dyer
- Jonathan Byers - Charlie Heaton
- Steve Harrington - Joe Keery
- Billy Hargrove - Dacre Montgomery
- Karen Wheeler - Cara Buono
- Bob Newby - Sean Astin
- Dr. Sam Owens - Paul Reiser
- Ted Wheeler - Joe Chrest
- Claudia Henderson - Catherine Curtin
- Calvin Powell - Rob Morgan
- Barbara Holland - Shannon Purser
- Phil Callahan - John Reynolds
- Tommy H. - Chester Rushing
- Carol - Chelsea Talmadge
- Werewolf - Sam Ashby
- Happy Homeowner - Lyne Ashe
- Government Agent #1 - Tonya Bludsworth
- Grandkid - Danny Boyd Jr.
- Mrs. Sinclair - Karen Ceesay
- Tina - Madelyn Cline
- Government Agent #2 - Jim E Chandler
- Nerdy Tech - Joe Davison
- Erica Sinclair - Priah Ferguson
- Samantha - Sheah Jones
- Government Agent #4 - John Paul Marston
- Government Agent #3 - Shannon Mayers
- Eugene - Al Mitchell
- Jason Vorhees - Cameron Newton
- Government Agent #6 - Desmond Phillips
- Drunk Teen #1 - Cody Pressley
- Holly Wheeler - Tinsley Price (credit only)
- Drunk Teen #2 - Drew Scheid
- Hunter - Alex Van
- Scary Clown - Andrew Wilson Williams
- Hawkins PD - Trey McGriff
- "Ghostbusters (Instrumental Version)" by Ray Parker Jr. - The boys are getting dressed up for Halloween as their parents take photos.
- "Wango Tango" by Ted Nugent - Billy complains about having to move to Hawkins as he drives Max home.
- "Blackout" by Swing Set - Jonathan drives Will to meet his friends.
- "Shout at the Devil" by Mötley Crüe - Steve, Nancy and Billy at the Halloween Party.
- "Islands in the Stream" by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton - Bob and Joyce dance around her living room.
- "Monster Mash" by Bobby Boris Pickett - Max and the guys continue trick-or-treating; Mike tells Will that Max's presence is ruining his night.
- "Girls On Film" by Duran Duran - Jonathan arrives at the Halloween Party.
- "Outside the Realm" by Big Giant Circles - Mike tells Will it feels like Eleven is still around; Jonathan drives Nancy home, helps her to her room and tucks her into bed.
- "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr. - Dustin flips off the garbage can lid and peers inside; end credits.
- "Never Tell" - Eleven makes her way back to the Wheeler's house, before being forced to hide from the government.
- "Presumptuous" - Dustin and Lucas invite Max to go trick-or-treating.
- "This Isn't You" - Steve talks Nancy down on coming clean about Barb. Again when Jonathan lets Will go trick-or-treating without him.
- "Tree Slime" - Hopper finds slime on trees.
- "Eggo in the Snow" - Eleven relives the moment she first came across Hopper's supplies.
- "Castle Byers" - Eleven reaches out to Mike in the void before stopping herself.
|For this subject's gallery, see Trick or Treat, Freak/Gallery.|
- On August 31, 2016, the second season was announced through a trailer published across social media, listing the initial titles of the nine episodes. However, the final title of the episode was revealed on October 9, 2017 along with the titles of the first six episodes.
- The episode title refers to "Trick-or-treating", the customary celebration of Halloween by the kids and teenagers in Hawkins.
- In the scene before Billy drives the car recklessly with Max in the passenger seat, there is a panned shot of the water tower, car park and Max on her skateboard. The water tower has digital cellular transceiver antennae around it. Digital cellular networks were not invented until at least 20 years later.
- "The story continues. New chapters on October 27." Stranger Things on Twitter. October 9, 2017.
|Episodes of Stranger Things|
|Articles may contain spoilers|