|“||This is Suzie. I copy.||”|
–Suzie, "The Battle of Starcourt"
Suzie attended summer camp at Camp Know Where, where she met Dustin Henderson. The two eventually entered a relationship. While the couple had to part ways when camp ended, they agreed to continue contacting one another. Dustin attempted to reach her through his ham radio as soon as he got home but she was unable to respond at the time, and Dustin was soon distracted for the next few days investigating the Russian presence in Hawkins.
When Dustin returns from Camp Know Where, he told Steve he has met Suzie who is "hotter than Phoebe Cates." Steve, like Robin and Erica, believe she sounds too good to be true and therefore is likely a fabrication.
When he finally reached out to her, Suzie was excited to hear from him but was annoyed to learn he was mainly calling her to ask her Planck's Constant, and gently mocked him for not knowing it. She only agreed to give it to him if he sang the theme song for The Never Ending Story, which he did as a duet with her.
Like Dustin, Suzie is interested in science and comics. In fact, when Dustin calls Suzie asking if she knows the Planck constant, she says "of course I do" and can recite it by heart, showing her to be an intelligent and studious girl. It is also shown that she can operate a ham radio, as that is her main mode of communication with Dustin. She is also quite sentimental and romantic, being particularly joyous to hear from Dustin and seems to particularly enjoy singing with him.
Suzie is Dustin Henderson's first girlfriend. The two share an interest in science, mechanics, comic books, and fantasy. Though many of Dustin's friends believe Suzie is fictional, it is revealed that she is real and very much enamoured with Dustin. In fact, the two share pet names for each other ("Suzie Poo" and "Dusty Bun") and even have a song they like to perform together ("Neverending Story.")
|Season Three appearances|
| || || |
| || || ||The Battle of Starcourt|
- Suzie and Dustin have a favorite song that they usually sing together: "The NeverEnding Story". Released in 1984, it is the title song from the English version of the German 1984 film The NeverEnding Story.
- She and her family are Mormon.
- She plays the clarinet like Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- She has a pet fish.
- Dustin's old hat that he wore in the previous seasons can be seen on her bedside table.
- According to Dustin, Suzie thinks that kissing is better without teeth.
- She has a Brigham Young University pennant.
- She has the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz poster.
- She has night sky and constellations posters.