Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds is the first official novel based on the Netflix original series, Stranger Things. Written by Gwenda Bond, it serves as a prequel to the series. The novel focuses on Eleven's mother, Terry Ives, and her time as an MKUltra test subject. It was officially released on February 5, 2019.
Set before the events of Stranger Things, this prequel novel follows Eleven’s mother and her time as a test subject in the MKUltra program.
- Terry Ives
- Becky Ives
- Martin Brenner
- Andrew Rich
- Gloria Flowers
- Alice Johnson
- Kali Prasad
- Eleven (as a newborn)
On September 27, Entertainment Weekly published the novel's first chapter, along with the novel's official cover. On January 30, Variety published another excerpt from the novel which revealed Eleven's mother's first encounter with Dr. Martin Brenner. At Barnes and Noble book stores, certain copies come with a limited edition poster.
While the novel was set to be published on February 5 (US) and February 7 (UK), the release date was unintentionally broken when it was revealed that a few copies were already being sold by some enterprising retailers as early as January 30 at an airport in Jakarta.
- Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds on Amazon
- Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds on Amazon UK
- Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds on Penguin Random House
- ↑ "‘Stranger Things’ Books Set For Fall Debut From Penguin Random House" Deadline. June 8, 2018
- ↑ Official product listing on Amazon
- ↑ "Official Stranger Things novel to explore Eleven's mother: Read the first chapter" EW. September 27, 2018
- ↑ "Book Excerpt: ‘Stranger Things’ Prequel Novel Reveals Eleven’s Mother’s Backstory"Variety. January 30, 2019.
- ↑ Suspicious Minds Jakarta announcement