Cast and characters
On May 19, 2022, it was revealed by the Duffer Brothers that Season 4 hints at some big events that are going to happen in this season. They also revealed that there is a longer time jump between the seasons. In addition, unlike the previous seasons where the Duffer Brothers were trying to finish the scripts while they were shooting episodes, because of the pandemic, they had a six-month hiatus where they used the time to write every episode in season 4, and they also outlined all of season 5.
Later on July 5, 2022, the Duffer Brothers stated they will begin writing the season from the first week of August.  They also affirmed that the season's storylines will primarily take place in Hawkins and the Upside Down, in contrast to Season 4. The Duffers are also planning to bring the story "full circle" by re-exploring some of the original groups and character pairings of Season 1, but in a grander scale. Furthermore, they expect the finale to be in length to the final episode of Season 4 as they plan to give all the characters a proper send-off, similar to "Return of the King-ish with eight endings." 
Production & Filming
- Actor David Harbour, who portrays Hopper, is the only one of the cast to know how the series ends prior to the fifth season's writing, stating it was "quite moving and beautiful".
- Actress Sadie Sink has stated that the Duffer Brothers refuse to reveal the fate of Max to her.
- "Stranger Things 5 officially announced with Season 4 release dates"
- "Here's When 'Stranger Things' Season 5 Starts Being Written" Collider. July 5, 2022.
- "Matt & Ross Duffer - Happy Sad Confused"Happy Sad Confused.
- "Stranger Things Writers' Twitter Post". August 2, 2022.