I am not even half way through series 2 episode 8 and I already hate my life. Its not enough that I knew Bob was going to die because of a spoiler I randomly saw. I just saw a demogorgan eat him alive. I have also finally learnt Max's older brother's name. He is Billy. The spoiler also said someone called Billy would die. I am not okay. How do I deal with this suffering. Also no spoilers like 'oh someone else died in series 3 so quit complaining' IM NOT THERE YET
137 Votes in Poll
I went inside a haunted house and sang Dustin and Suzie’s song, since it reminded me of that moment when Nancy, and the others were running Away from the mind flayer. Go and check it out and leave a like!
If Hop was still alive he would be EXTREMELY important cuz one:
He knows how to fight
He actually knows what he’s doing
And he’s smart and always finds a way
So I’m very upset he died, he was able to escape from the Russians and was able to find out the code with Dustin and Suzie’s help.
Some more reasons are:
He has Gunmanship: he’s good with firearms and knows how to use a gun (obviously)
He has survival instincts: his survival skills help him think about what to do when he’s stuck in a situation like for one being stuck in a tunnel in The Upside Down
He has Craftsmanship: in Hopper’s military life he was familiar with crafting
He knows Morse Code: Hop has some knowledge with radio operations using Morse code as he taught Eleven to communicate though Morse code by radio
If Billy was alive, now I’m not trying to be rude, but he would probably still be having an affair with Mrs. Wheeler. But besides that if he actually knew what was going on and had the time to actually ask how his sister(Max) is doing, then I would think he would help. Mostly because his skills are:
Enhanced Strength: after Billy was “activated” by the mind flayer he was able to bust out the sauna room.
Enhanced Durability: after being a little puppet for the mind flayer he was able to take hits and blows from anyone or anything, even El who blasted him out the locker room and through the wall. He was still alive(; -_-)
He also has a hive mind: when he was flayed he was part of the hive of the mind of, The Mind Flayer And was able to communicate to it(mind flayer)
In conclusion Hop would be important in the series, and Billy (if he actually talked to his sister and knew what was going on) he would also be important. But on the other hand, he kinda wouldn’t also with the fact he doesn’t want to talk to Max, it would be a 25% chance he would talk to Max, and a 75% chance he won’t.
Sources: Fandom Wiki How search: Jim Hopper and Billy Hargrove.
We know that Billy and Max moved to Hawkins from California at the beginning of Season Two. Is it possible to know what city they came from? I need your help in locating it, though if all of us pitch in there’s a good chance.
However, connecting Billy directly to California as a homage from the Duffer Brothers is easy! We all know the appearance of the license plate on his 1979 Camaro.
Would you take a moment to compare it to the license plate on the Plymouth Valiant from the 1971 film “Duel” by Steven Spielberg.
Look familiar? In the movie character David Mann (DM?, Dacre Montgomery?) is chased by a speeding, homicidal truck driver through the isolated roads of California’s Mojave desert.
Oh, also in 2009 Stephen King and Joe Hill Co-authored a work entitled “Throttle,” in honor of the film.
Again, the Maidenhead Locator System used by amateur radio enthusiasts can be used to take info from the series to find physical locations.
By starting with field DM (DM?, Dacre Montgomery again?), and converting the PCE found on both plates to DM16ce and inputting the sequence into the mapping program on levinecentral.com you land right smack in the Mojave desert, Inyo County, California. ALL OF THE FANS WHO READ THIS NEED TO SEEK OUT SEQUENCES THAT MAY REVEAL NOT ONLY HOMAGE LOCATIONS, BUT KEY LOCATIONS IN REGARD TO WHERE CARACTERS ARE, HAVE BEEN, AND WHERE THEY ARE GOING! Please help in seeking out the clues that the Hawkins’ Middle School AV Club might have picked up on a bit sooner.
I really would like more than 8 or 9 episodes in season four. even though it might make some episodes boring, i really want more episodes. it is said that it may be the last season, so i want to savor this season and get a lot out of it, and not just binge it in one day.
Ok, has anyone thought about how hopper died? HE WAS IN A COMRADE SUIT. They wouldn’t even know he was an american, therefore he wouldn’t be in the cell. Before anyone says “the russian ‘terminator’” he died. plus, i feel like it’s too obvious. the duffer brothers would want to add more suspense to the show than telling you something straight up.